Welcome to Dinton Pre-school
"Staff have an excellent understanding of the needs of children. They use highly effective systems to monitor children's progress... As a result, children make outstanding progress in their learning"
"Excellent use is made of the outdoor learning environment. Children are able to move freely between the inside and outdoor areas, with weekly forest school activities enriching their learning experiences"
What is Forest School?
The aim of Forest School is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences. Children participate in engaging, motivating and achievable tasks in an outdoor environment (preferably woodland).
Read more about forest school...
About Dinton Pre-school
Dinton Pre-School is unique in its setting and character. In 1975 the Pre-school opened in Mrs Clark’s living room with a handful of children, gradually over the years the school expanded and moved in to purpose built premises.
The Pre-School continues to grow and flourish, but we pride ourselves in knowing each individual child and their family, all staff, parents, children and siblings enjoy this friendship and security. The school premises are kept as homely as possible and every endeavour is made to make the children’s time with us relaxing and enjoyable as well as educational.
We are lucky to have easily accessible purpose built premises, in a rural setting, backing on to Dinton Park the National Trust’s parkland. As well as fantastic buildings, we pride ourselves on our outdoor facilities, we have our own fields as well as access to the NT parkland. We also have three separate partially covered outdoor play areas, with a wide range of equipment and resources for the children to explore alongside our pet chickens, guinea pigs and fish, as well as activities on the plant nursery next door!
We are extremely proud to have received an ‘OUTSTANDING’ in all areas rating from Ofsted in our last inspection (November 2012).
Comments from the inspector included: ‘Children thrive in the welcoming and nurturing environment. They are curious and motivated to learn and show a strong sense of independence and exploration through their play’…… ‘Highly effective systems are used to monitor children’s progress, which successfully link into weekly planning, as a result, children make outstanding progress in their learning’
Our Mission Statement
- To ensure that every child’s needs are met by making each individual child’s interests, safety and happiness central to everything we do
- To ensure that Dinton pre-school is a place where a child’s uniqueness is respected and celebrated.
- To encourage every child to achieve their full potential at each stage of development, to give them the best possible start in life.
- To effect and offer a range of developmentally appropriate activities to feed the unique interests of each child, create an excitement for learning and encourage independent and active learning in all environments.
- To work in partnership with every parent / carer to assist us in providing high quality care, specific to the developmental and individual needs of their child.
- To focus and empower a skilled and knowledgeable staff team, developing the strengths of all practitioners to support and extend children’s learning and development through the child’s interests.